In August, summer fruits are at their best and you can still find them all. From the late strawberries or raspberries to early plums and perfect peaches, nectarines or apricots. This month we want to share with you this delicious super easy recipe . You can make it as a big tart to share or as here as individual tartlets like in a fancy pastry shop.
A great and light way to end a meal or a perfect afternoon treat!
Let’s share the recipe. It takes a big hour to make as the dough has to rest and then bake and cool down.
For the tart dough:
- 100 g 1/2 cup (or one stick) butter softened at room temperature
- 100 g 1/2 cup white sugar
- 200 g 1 cup and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
Mix the butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the flour and salt and mix with a fork. Then use your hands to make a ball. And let cool in the refrigerator for 30 min.
For the tart filling:
- Your favorite summer fruits: peach, apricot, plum, raspberries...
- Fresh mint or verbena
- 1 greak yogurt
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
-Place the dough on a clean surface and roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface. Place it either in a large tart pan or make mini tartlets shapes . Cook the dough in the oven for 20 min if it is a large tart or 10 min for individual ones. Let them cool down.
- Pour the yogurt in a small bowl, add the zest of the lemon and the sugar. Stir well. - Pour the yogurt mixture in the tart molds.
- Then cut the fruits and place them artistically on the tartlets.
You can squeeze some lemon juice on the fruits so that they don’t get brown; You can put the tarts in the fridge until you eat them;